Sunday, October 21

Madhu

8:00 clock... It was raining.. My jaws typewriting in the cold, i zoomed through the cold air on my DIO... I couldn't see anything because my spects didn't have wipers (like rajini had in sivaji..lol)...
All these obstacles didn't seem to bother me because I was on my way to my grandma's house... After a long time... My cousins and my aunt were there... I know it is an odd time to see them, 8 o clock in the dark... Nevertheless the excitement was very high.. My cousin was waiting for me to play WWE RAW in his computer (even though the game sucks , i like it when i play with him)...
I reached there within 30 mins... it was not the welcome i expected... Silence everywhere... She lay beautiful and humble as ever in her specially made mattress... My cousins sitting around her... 13 years and 6 months since i first saw her as a baby... It was like yesterday... I could still remember my uncle bringing her. Very small and cute even when she was the size of my fist which was small at that time...
Those days!!! Cricket at 6 o clock with professionals and a long, joyful jog around the ground, coming back home in the old green LML vespa... Those days with our friends in the 'compound house'! those fearful days during deepavali... I can still remember the day when she was hiding inside the kitchen, afraid of crackers... The day when she had four cute little babies... All flashed before me when i saw her lying as if she was sleeping...
Madhu bala was it's name (my grandma named it just like that because she was on the television dancing, and we didn't give any convincing name.. The name we suggested was sweetie.. lol.. I came up with olive!!)... A very quiet dog (except the time shouting at cats or at invisible cats when we say 'meow'!) which did nothing even when my cousin started hitting it with whatever he gets... Both were very small at that time!!!
I always wonder why time travels very fast even though it has some 'speedbreakers' like fluid mechanics classes... Those days passed very swiftly... Now she lay in front of me waiting to go under the earth...
I had been in a situation like this before... I know I will be in this situation sometime... Though i was prepared it happened (many, (including me) think (thought) that this would not happen)...
A silent drop from my lacrymal gland fell hard on the floor...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww thats sad man...:(

may madhu rest in peace :(

Ryan said...

oh that is really bad...my pattis dog gave birth to 7 pups..one was killed when it fell to the ground while being carried by the ones who got it from them....felt terrible...may madhu rest in peace