Monday, October 8

The 25th!

"FEAR BUILDS IT'S PHANTHOM MORE FEARSOME THAN THE REALITY ITSELF"


Yeah it is my 25th post!! (My 25th CRAP!!!)
All of a sudden, this number 25 has been in my ears for so many reasons!
This is my dad 25th year as an engineer!
Also this is the 25th year of his service!
Most awaited halo 3 (The biggest launch, bigger than spiderman 3, according to THE HINDU!!) released on 25th of september (which is my best friend's B'day!)!

Lot of 25's... So i was thinking about my 25th post... What to write? How about 'road sense'... DO NOT overtake by the left, wait until you get the "GREEN SIGNAL", blah blah... It is my 25th post, not any campaign! So what should i do? Write something about the number 25?!
THINK, THINK!!! Loads of thinking lead to nothing... NOTHING!!



It was 7:00 o clock... I was almost chewing the brush (It doesn't taste good though)!! I must write something interesting... My brain was searching (faster than google) my database... Found 0 results??!!! Is there anything in this world that is interesting??
bussssssssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!
That was the pressure cooker blowing the steam out of it like a dragon breathing fire! I wonder who in the world invented it... Really... To be honest it scares me... Weird huh? A small kitchen device made of aluminium did not scare me when i was in 11th, nor at 12th.. It was the IIPE coaching classes that was responsible...
The chemistry class.. The one which i like the most (it's because of the sir)... He started of with organic chemistry (my favourite)... the equation was a polymerisation reaction! The temperature for the reaction was nearly 3000 K and the pressure was 1200 atm... It was normal in polymerisation reactions to encounter such huge magnitudes.. It didnt bother me until He asked us "What do you think would be the pressure inside the pressure cooker?"
There were many answers... One said 300, one said 250... I was thinking 100 atm...
He said "Not even close"... So i thought it could be 1200 atm (How stupid am i to think it!!) as the reaction had this pressure... There were silence... He, with a small smile on his face said
"it is just 1.013 atm!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats man!...keep posting .. with a higher frequency though ;)

and 1 atm isn't a small number is it..its approximately 1 bar...which is 100,000 pascals...

Nithya said...

Well...was just reading up on stuff related to pressure cookers (a l'il modification of a pressure cooker, that we biotechies call THE AUTOCLAVE)....pressure can kill bacteria :|
These pressure thingies can do wonders...
Yeniways happy twenty five ! Yeah as Shrey says keep posting with a higher frequency :)

Aravind said...

@shrey & nith: yeah i was wondering about the frequencies!!! virus and many problems! Now all clean...

Aravind said...

@shrey: 1.013 is a small number but 1.013 atm isn't small...! 101200 pascals...
@nithya: Autoclave.. have heard this word b4... yeah pressure can do wonders... pressure is one of the main reasons for life on earth!!!

Ryan said...

congrats da.....nice pic ..super collage..
and yea it is 1.013 because there is an outlet in the cooker u see which balances the presuure with that of the atm

Aravind said...

nice collage ah??? please do not embarrass me...!