Thursday, November 27

guns, bombs, blood - The Happening

It's that familiar feeling! The feeling I've been missing all these days! The kind of feeling you get when you sit in front of your computer, hearing a playlist that you created spending a lot of time, and letting your thoughts and imaginations flow through your finger tips (literally).
It's wonderful to be back, BlogSpot!

A rather sad welcome I would say after reading the papers today morning. The front page of “THE HINDU” read “RASH OF TERROR ATTACKS IN MUMBAI” with a photograph of an injured man being carried in a trolley used to carry freight in railway stations! The paper went on to say “A.K. Sharma, Railway Police Commissioner, said two or three persons, carrying AK 47 rifles and grenades entered the Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus with AK 47 rifles at 8.35 p.m. and opened fire indiscriminately and the panic-struck people rushed out.” The first thing that came to my mind was, apart from the fact that AK 47 is mentioned twice in the sentence, “is this a dream?”
The death toll is over a 100 now and still there are hostages with a gun pointed at their face. Now I am convinced and very pissed off that it is NOT a dream.
General Manager, Taj hotels, the dream job for many people. Not from today! Taj hotel GM’s wife and three children butchered by these insensate, inhuman living things who are, in their own way, sane! I remember reading a quote “We are sane in our own crazy ways” from my friend's blog, only this time I prefer not to grin.
I have been to railway stations a lot of time in my life. I haven’t seen a single man with a Kalashnikov in his hand, emptying his rounds at innocent people, all in the name of God? Or because of the fact that he lost hope in human life and he had no other option but to join a terrorist organization? It’s a highly impossible event, that too in India, or that’s what I thought! These things are happening right now as I type these words with an extra force on the keys, maybe because I am very angry to see this nation like this!
The England cricket team have left, the champions trophy has been postponed by an year, Mumbai stock exchange-closed, a man with gun and grenades at railway station, foreigners held as hostages at hotels which stood majestically over a century, terrorists stealing police patrol cars and roaming around the city shooting at people, bombing in major cities, and not to mention, I am sitting in a city where more than 10 bombs took the life of many souls. I wouldn’t be surprised if I see a guy walking over to me and asking for me to kneel not with a knife or switchblade in his hand, but a .45 or even a Kalashnikov! Is this where India is heading? Will India be a superpower in the year 2020 or will Indian schools announce Kevlar as the uniform?
Why do these ‘animals’ do this? What are they trying to prove by killing innocent people? Are they going to rule a world where there is nobody left to rule? Let them blow up a building, we can rebuilt it. Why hotel managers, why people in railway stations?
I don’t know whether to be happy that I didn’t happen to be in these places when it happened or sad that the country I am in is on fire. Whatever maybe the case, the hard thing is “we humans are destroying this world with this civilised life, more than saving it!”

7 comments:

Ryan said...

De, I beg to differ da. Those people are not the least bit sane. They don't want anything too, no ransom even. Fidayeen people. We have to stone them to death if you ask me. Treat them like they get treated in their lands

Deepak said...

Dei these muslims form as many terrorist organizations. We announce ourself as secular country and give them. But muslims don't believe that. They want India to be tormented. I am quite upset over the happenings!

Deepak said...

*give them separate quota announcing them as minority!

Aravind said...

@Chandler: Thats what i am saying da. These people call themselves sane in their own ways, but they are not!
yeah stone them to death!
@SD: Everybody is upset da!!!

Anonymous said...

Terrorists are young peeps brainwashed into such things.

@deepak
"But muslims don't believe that. They want India to be tormented"

Seriously WTF :|?

India is secular. PERIOD.

shankar said...

one thing common to us and terrorist in their 20's -schizophrenia!!
luckily, we r not brave enough to face th consequences.i regret tat fact and hope many of us might be inspired from these to join th special forces

Aravind said...

@Shrey: To be prescise Young peeps and young muslims!
@Fender: Its not that we are brave enough, its just we don't have such cruelty in our blood. A 20 year old will do anything if he is "schizophrenic" and brave enough!!